CALL TO ARTISTS~ The Ubiquitous Bowl
Published Thursday, October 12, 2017
Presented by Hamilton Williams Gallery
403 E Union St, Morganton, NC ● 828-438-1595 ● email@example.com
CALL TO ARTISTS
Among the most approachable of handmade objects, the bowl form remains one of the most available for artisan reinvention and expression. The Ubiquitous Bowl presents the variety of form, color, design, and surface development that is possible while maintaining the utility of this common household object.
Event Dates: February 9, 2018 - March 17, 2018
Entry Deadline: December 15, 2017
Submission Parameters ~
- ~ Bowls should be sized for individual servings. Maximum dimensions: 8” in diameter, 5” in height
- ~ Bowls must be functional and safe for food/drink use.
- ~ Bowls must be available for purchase.
- ~ All media will be considered.
To Submit Work ~
- ~ Please provide the following materials via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by the entry deadline.
- ~ Digital images (1-3) of each bowl submitted (images of at least 1200x1200 pixels in .jpeg format preferred)
- ~ Artist statement & biography
- ~ Artist image
- ~ Complete contact information [name, mailing/shipping address, email, phone number(s), relevant social media links]
Exhibition Timeline (subject to change)
- ~ Call for Entries open ~ October 12, 2017
- ~ Call for Entries closed ~ December 15, 2017
- ~ Jurying completed ~ December 31, 2017
- ~ Artist contracts signed and returned ~ January 13, 2018
- ~ Deadline for delivery of work ~ February 5, 2018
- ~ Opening Reception ~ February 9, 2018
- ~ Artist works are sold at 40% commission. (60% for artist).
- ~ Artist will allow Hamilton Williams Gallery and its affiliates to photograph and publish photos and information related to the Artist’s work. Artist will be given recognition for any artwork displayed.
- ~ By applying to the exhibition, the Artist certifies to Hamilton Williams Gallery that they have created and possess unencumbered title to the work(s) they are submitting to exhibition.